1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Missing hall.dll - Update and mirrored SATA drives

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by minimustangs, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minimustangs

minimustangs Thread Starter

One of the few computers I didn't put together myself, this PC has mirrored SATA drives, RAID controller enabled

After windows update I get message "Missing HALL.DLL"

For some reason its problematic booting from USB install device, but if I go into BIOS I can bypass startup and do that. I've tried a repair already and it comes back to the same message, Missing HALL.DLL, and error 0x0000098 I think was the reference...

So, a couple questions... firstly can I repair on a RAID like this?
    2ndly, with not too much experience with RAID drives, I believe they are just mirrored, can I break the RAID and just boot off one drive...? something like that anyways?

2. minimustangs

minimustangs Thread Starter

Well, seems to have sorted itself out....

I tried startup repair a couple times. Kept finding the OS on D:\
    Chose System Restore, restore a couple different points. Indicated it failed, but restored to C:\

Rebooted and removed USB stick and PC came back up, despite the face System Restore said it failed (2x)

Must have a horseshoe somewhere....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice