1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing HD on HP Z4200 work station

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Totores, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totores

Totores Thread Starter

Hi all, need some assistance with an HP Z4200 workstation.

Recently I picked-up a used HP Z4200 workstation I installed 2 new HD a 500GB and a second Drive of 2TB.
    The 500gb I use as my "C" drive with only Windows 10 on it whilst the second drive I have created 2 partition a 250GB "D" drive for software installation and the reminder "E" as a working drive/partition.

Here is the problem, when I boot up, the computer will not see the second drive (partitions "D" and "E") there are no letters assigned to this drive/partition. If I then go to Disk management and add letters to the partitions these are recognized and everything works perfectly until I reboot the computer.

attached is a snapshot from my disk management screen if it helps

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!