Missing HKEY for Windows Security Center

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ufo8mymunky

I think the problem started because I use Winutilities...I did a normal registry scan and there were some errors and I clicked to fix them. Now Action Center doesn't show in the task bar...So I search for it and click on it and it tells me that Windows Security Center service is turned off...I click on the button to turn it on and it tell me that it cannot start...I've been searching online for a solution to my problem and I have seen other posts about people having a similar problem...Going to services doesn't work for me...I'm assuming that since Winutilities removes random HKEYs, that might be my problem...Now, how do i get these HKEYS back?

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
That's why you should NOT use registry cleaner/optimizer/booster/tuneup type utilities.

The end result is a damaged Windows operating system and certain programs that no longer work. :(

Have you tried using System Restore to go back to a date and time PRIOR to when you used Win Utilities?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

-----------------------------------------------------------

ufo8mymunky

No, I haven't done a system restore. I just want to download what I'm missing and be done with it.

You can't download Windows components. You will need to follow the advice or reinstall Windows.

If things were that easy to fix, the damage done to machines by Winutilities would not be considered so severe. It is likely that there is much more damage that you haven't found yet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts