1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing Icons

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Slowdown, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Slowdown

Slowdown Thread Starter

I just lost (11pm thurs) my e mail alert and virus scan icons that should be in the taskbar, right next to my clock, whats that about and whats the fix ??? Thanks -

2. mobo

mobo

My first suggestion would be to do a scan at Trend Micro . then check in start/run and msconfig to verify they have not been disabled.

3. Slowdown

Slowdown Thread Starter

i am using trend virus scan 2002 and its fire wall, i will run a full v s after loggin off. i trust trend doesn't miss anything. the icons where their until 11pm ? what am i looking for in MSconfig.exe, i always get confused? this v s claims to do a complete scan in 8 min, seems hard to believe, i am used to 45 min with other v s. Also i just noticed that my printer icon is gone ! ?? thanks, and how do i ck start to ensure all icons are a go and on ? bye for now . . .

4. mobo

mobo

If you control/alt/del you should be able to tell if those programs are infact running or not.

5. Slowdown

Slowdown Thread Starter

All programs are running, any other ideas ?? And how do i figure out what i can safely turn off in Mscofig. exe? thanks

6. mobo

mobo

compare against this list.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!