1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing installation cd for nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rubygirl, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubygirl

rubygirl Thread Starter

hey there,

so i've got this new nvidia geforce 6200 agp graphics card. i've fitted it into my motherboard and now i need to install it on my computer but the cd that was supposed to come with package is missing. i bought the card from a compusa closing sale so i can't return it and get one with the installation cd included. when add hardware wizard pops up it says "the hardware was not installed because the wiard cannot find the necessary software." the installation cd includes: geforce drivers for microsoft, microsoft directx 8.0 and 9.0, nvidia demos and desktop wallpapers. can i just go to nvidias website and download a driver and directx9 then direct the hardware wizard to those downloads instead of the missing installation cd? what should i do?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. rubygirl

rubygirl Thread Starter

i'm on it right now, hopefully the card will install after the nvidia driver is downloaded. thanks a bunch!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/680194

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice