1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing internet data box

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by anoisaris, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anoisaris

anoisaris Thread Starter

Hi
    A new virus infected my PC called 'MY DAD'
    To cut a long story short, I turn away from the PC for a few minutes while my father was on the computer, and somehow managed to remove the Internet data box from my toolbar.(the flashing 2 green boxes that tell you what speed u're connected at, amount of info sent and recieved). Now this has gone and I would love to know how to get it back.
    If anybody has any ideas, I would be very thankful

2. Ratboy

Ratboy

anoisaris,

Open the Dial-Up Networking folder and select Connections > Settings from the menu options.

Check the 'Show an icon on taskbar after connected' box.

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi anoisaris,
    Im not sure if this is associated with dial up networking or not. I hope someone else kicks in because I would like to know. I think you can reestablish your network and that would come back. But Im not sure so I would wait for an expert on this

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

I was in the right area but had the wrong fix!! I just learned something!!

5. $teve

$teve

anoisaris,dont forget to post back if ratboys tip worked or not,there are other devious programs that would also remove your d/u icon.
    ill keep an eye on this one.

6. anoisaris

anoisaris Thread Starter

Spot on Ratboy, went into Dial-up Networking>connections and found the 'Show an icon on the taskbar after connection' box empty and sure enough placed a tick in there and now everthing is back to the way it was. Thanks again Ratboy.

7. Ratboy

Ratboy

Glad I could help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice