1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing letters when typing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by debgatzke, Apr 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debgatzke

debgatzke Thread Starter

Feb 8, 1999
    My keyboard was acting up a few weeks ago (I thought), so I bought a new one, but still have same problem. Not all letters typed register. I have to type slow and hit a key somestimes 3-4 times before it registers. What could be causing this frustrating problem? Where should I investigate?
  2. Shidoshi

Mar 17, 2000
    I'm not 100% sure what is causing the problem, but the first place I would look is in the control panel. Double-click on the keyboard icon and try adjusting the settings.
  3. LarryCore

Aug 26, 1999
    Some virii can do this, as well as some utility programs...

Try booting in Safe Mode and see if the keyboard is ok there. If so, it is a utility program you installed at some point before this trouble started...

Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
  4. paul smith

paul smith

Jan 27, 2000
    I have been on some service calls with the same fault that you have but on laptops. I then found out that the system board was faulity so your board may be faulity and that you may have to change it.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/32733