Missing local temp files - not manually deleted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ellinor

I transferred photos, through Bluetooth, from my Blackberry to my laptop that is running Windows 7. They appeared in a Temp file (under Local) but have since disappeared. Is there a way to retrieve them? Does this mean I have something on my computer that automatically deletes these files? Thank you for any help, let me know if I need to provide more information!

TerryNet

Terry
Is there a way to retrieve them?
I assume that you've already checked to make sure they are not in the Recyle bin. You could try a Data Recovery program. I've used Recuva and Recuva Portable. Remember that every write to the hard drive is potentially over-writing the deleted files.

Does this mean I have something on my computer that automatically deletes these files?
I do not know. I have a batch file that runs at startup that deletes the contents of %temp%, but I do not think there is a Windows feature to do that automatically.

I'm wondering why you copied/moved them to a temp folder, and why you left them there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online