Missing msidcrl40.dll

jimmcq

I am missing msidcrl40.dll Several sites "invite" me to log on to their "fix" but I am concerned as to what their site will actually "fix".
Help please
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, Build 7601, Installed 20120206155952.000000-480
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240e Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 256 MB
Hard Drives: C: 917 GB (271 GB Free); D: 13 GB (6 GB Free); F: 465 GB (260 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0DPRF9, ver A00, s/n CN7476719F02WA.
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n 51T8NQ1
Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Enabled

Couriant

James
Those sites are not that legit IMO.

First try this:

Open Command Prompt in Admin Mode and then run this command:
sfc /scannow

and see if fixes anything.

jimmcq

Those sites are not that legit IMO.

First try this:

Open Command Prompt in Admin Mode and then run this command:
sfc /scannow

and see if fixes anything.
I ran the cmd per your instructions. Got reply that it had fixed numerous problems but it appears that msidcrl40.dll was not one of them. What next, Boss?

Couriant

James
Is this for a specific game/app?

Try to see if the file is in the C:\windows\system32 folder.

Msidcrl40.dll file, also known as Microsoft Account Dynamic Link Library, is associated with Microsoft Windows Operating System. It is an essential component, which ensures that Windows programs operate properly.
It is referred to essential system files of the Windows OS. It usually contains a set of procedures and driver functions, which may be applied by Windows.

jimmcq

Is this for a specific game/app?

Try to see if the file is in the C:\windows\system32 folder.
I get a window titled Acrobat Reader which reads as follows: Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open "msidcrl40.dll" because it ie either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). It was not sent as an email. It should have been included in the installed software from Dell when I purchased the computer. There is no msidcrl40.dll but there is a msidcrl30.dll with a 7/15/2009 date.

plodr

Liz
First I did an Agent Ransack search for msidcrl40.dll and came up empty.
Then I looked at this page https://windows10dll.nirsoft.net/msidcrl40_dll.html
I'm running Windows 7 so I looked in C:\Windows\system32
As you can see from the screenshot, I don't have it on my computer.
some_dll_files.jpg

I'd say if you use Adobe Acrobat Reader (I do not), install a fresh copy because that is the program that is complaining.

Couriant

James
OK, Liz beat me to it :) Typically reinstalling the program that is having issues should fix the error as it will install the file.

BTW I do have that file as I have Adobe Reader DC (and Acrobat DC) so I think reinstalling Acrobat Reader DC should take care of that issue.

Last edited:

jimmcq

OK, Liz beat me to it :) Typically reinstalling the program that is having issues should fix the error as it will install the file.

BTW I do have that file as I have Adobe Reader DC (and Acrobat DC) so I think reinstalling Acrobat Reader DC should take care of that issue.
Not familiar with Acrobat DC. What does DC stand for?

jimmcq

Document Cloud. It's the official name of the products. Document Cloud is an optional tool that is part of Acrobat.
OK. thanks. Now back to the original problem. How do I get msidcrl40.dll to turn on?

plodr

Liz
You don't get it to "turn on" dll stands for dynamic link library. If a program installs correctly, it looks for what it needs in the system32 location and uses it.

Have you installed Adobe Reader? Do you now see the missing dll file?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've now examined the four Windows 7 computers in the house and none of them has msidcrl40.dll file.
It seems this file is included in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 but I can't find a mention of it for Windows 7.

NOTE: Be careful if you decide to do this.
You can download the file from this site https://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/M/msidcrl40.dll/1.0.0.0/download.h

I think I've gone there a long time ago to find missing dll files.
Place it into the installer folder for Adobe Acrobat Reader and see if that works.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online