1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing MSINFO.EXE and WIN.INI file

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dave2xl, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave2xl

dave2xl Thread Starter

hello all, name here is dave and i have a little problem i hope you can help with. im running win98 and think i may have deleted my msinfo.exe file. when i start windows i get a message box saying cant find msinfo.exe and another saying win.ini file not found. i can still run windows but my internet explorer is really really running slow.......even when i type text it takes a secound before i see it on the screen. friend of mine told me if i put in my win98 disk and do a reinstall ill get this file msinfo.exe back.....i may add this was originally 95......i used the windows 98 upgrade...can i get this file back if i reinstall......please reply to my email address and thanks in advance
    [email protected]

2. mobo

mobo

Start /run/ sfc ...Have it check for lost or damaged files.

If that doesn't work the boot with a bootdisk and from the command prompt do a scanreg /restore.

3. Top Banana

Top Banana

You have been hijacked by CoolWebSearch. Download and run CoolWebShredder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice