missing netman.dll file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hsprew

Hello.

I was somehow missing the netman.file that I needed to install my kodax easyshare software. I downloaded the file but I have no idea where I should put it. Any suggestions?

hsprew

Thank You. Would you believe that there is no dll cache file in my system 32. Only Adobe and drivers. None. What does that mean?

go to folder options in control panel and click on View tab. then set the proper option to show hidden files and folders..as well as the option for operating system files.

hsprew

now it shows two hidden files that I can't do anything with. One entitled folders and another called desktop. If I go into the folder file it has .sys names inside. ??

The heart of the operating system is in the system 32 folder...Do a windows search for dllcache and see what happens

hsprew

Ok. Here is a new message that I a receiving. "The NETMAN.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtOpenFile" What the heck does that mean? It stinks being computer illiterate.

I did a search and a gazillion dll files came up in windows sysytem but not system 32... and no dll cache file. What am I missing here? Should it really be this difficult and how do you lose a dll file anyway? Many thanks

hsprew

could I have a virus or something that made my cache folder dissapear... or maybe I am just not looking in the right place.

right click start / explore / my computer / C / windows / system32/ then in the right hand pane look for dllcache

hsprew

I know you think I am nuts.... but it really isn't there. I wish I could take a picture. Here is a list of everything in the system 32 folder. Including the two hidden files.

ADOBE
DRIVERS

Hidden:

Folder (w/ Icon)
Desktop (w/ little notebook icon)

That's it.

do you have serviuce pack 1 ? and what operating system are you on ?

hsprew

windows 98.
Service pack 1??? How would I find that out? I am computer illiterate w/ a capital I.

hsprew

I already did. Then I tried to open Kodak Easy share and I got the
"The NETMAN.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtOpenFile" message.

Any ideas? Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online