Missing one step ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lordblasto

I've just built my first computer. It went just fine. The only thing that I've got a problem with is...When I start or restart the computer it boots up in bios. I f1 and windows starts up. What do I need to change to make it boot right to windows. Thanks for any help you can give. (y)

lordblasto

I've just built my first computer. It went just fine. The only thing that I've got a problem with is...When I start or restart the computer it boots up in bios. I f1 and windows starts up. What do I need to change to make it boot right to windows. The mother board is a mach speed PM800bms. This is the second time I've posted this because I just haven't been able to figure out what should be changed. Thanks for any help you can give.:eek:

Could you explain what you mean by "it boots up in BIOS" Do you get a message that says anything?

lordblasto

Yes. It starts-up in BIOS. once loaded it prompts to hit DEL for set-up or F1 to enter. Hit F1 and windows starts -up.

lordblasto

:eek: I've just built my first computer. It went just fine. The only thing that I've got a problem with is...When I start the computer it starts up in a screen for a system running in bios. I f1 the windows starts up. What do I need to change to make it start up right to windows without going thru this step. The mother board is a mach speed PM800bms. This is the third time I've posted this because I just haven't been able to figure out what should be changed. Thanks for any help you can give.(y)

I'm not familier with that motherboard. But, there are three things you could have missed.

1. The clear bios jumper could be in the wrong position, check the manual to make sure it's not in the "clear" position. Most board won't boot at all in the clear position, but I don't know your board.

2. You need to enter into your bios and make sure you auto-detect your drives. Make sure that if your not using a floppy drive, that it's set for "not installed". Also, look around for the setting for your boot order, and make sure it's set for the devices you wish to boot from first.

3. It's possible that your mainboard battery is either dead, or not making good contact. If the above steps don't work, try changing the battery.

lordblasto

Thanks Gotrootdude, Yes. I didn't install a floppy and the (seek floppy boot) was enabled. apprecate your help... Happiness.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
As this thread is not a Tip or Trick, I have moved it to the Hardware forum.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
lordblasto

I have merged your threads.
Please do not create duplicate threads.
Thank You.

In the future, please use the Red Triangle to the right of your post to request your thread be moved to another forum.

You say "I have just built my first computer" are all parts new or are you using some of the old parts?
If you have replaced your motherboard and you are still using your existing hard drive, this could be where you problem lies.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online