missing or corrupt file windows\system32\config\system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

limited

My friends computer is packed with spy-ware and viruses. I've been trying to clean it up and now I'm getting this message on start up. What should I do. The computer won't even start up. He is running a bootleg version of windows. And his setup disk doesn't seem to help. Is there anyway keep from wiping his hard drive.

Windows could not start because the following file is either missing or corrupt. windows\system32\config\system You can attempt to repair this file by running windows setup using the originally setup CD-ROM. Select "r" at the first screen to start repair.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Tell your friend to get a legal copy of Windows, then come back and post again. Closing thread, see forum rules regarding assisting with piracy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!