missing or corrupt files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mendie

When I turn on my computer it tells me the following file is missing or corrupt C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD also says to type the name of the windows loader.I don't have a start up disk or cd-rom to reinstall windows with.I called the Manufacter they don't have the Restore Me cd's anymore.I had Windows Me.Can anyone help me PLEASE?I can't boot to safe mode either.

Mendie said:
When I turn on my computer it tells me the following file is missing or corrupt C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD also says to type the name of the windows loader.I don't have a start up disk or cd-rom to reinstall windows with.I called the Manufacter they don't have the Restore Me cd's anymore.I had Windows Me.Can anyone help me PLEASE?I can't boot to safe mode either.
Try system restore from the dos prompt..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=279736

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online