1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing or corrupt \system32\ntoskrnl.exe file

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by photoguy46, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photoguy46

photoguy46 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

I have read several posts about this problem, but I have not seen any solutions yet. My Athlon Thunderbird 2.2 just went into the super slow crash mode like the ones already talked about on these posts. Upon restart I went through boot up process until it gave me DOS message that this particular file was missing or corrupted. Then I used recovery CD to try and repair file. It goes through the correct process right up to th step of going to the repair console, but then jumps to another screen telling me that this is a not a valid file. But I have not even been given the chance to enter a file name in the repair console. Somebody help me, I am lost now.:(

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!