Missing OS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thook06

I just installed a new mother board in my computer and when i start it up it goes to Bios and then it says i am missing an operating system. Does anyone know why the OS is not showing up from the Hard Drive.

mother board is a nForce3-A 250 with a AMD sempron processor.
The hard drive is 30 GBs and came with the compaq computer

Thanks.

Can you even access the HD?

Compaq has been known to use proprietary component configurations. Also, a drive from a Compaq system may have a unique set of files that prevent it from booting on a different configuration.

Your best bet would be to reformat the drive and reinstall the OS from scratch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online