1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing paper clip icon

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cubbycuddly, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cubbycuddly

cubbycuddly Thread Starter

Hi

I use incredimail and something like 50% of messages with attachments, I get, do not show the paper clip icon. Not in the inbox column or to the right in the preview panel. This is quite annoying as I sometimes miss out on seeing the attachment.

Does anyone know of this problem? Is there someway that I can make the clip icon appear on these messages? So I know they are there.

Thanks.

Cubbycuddly

2. Dark Star

Dark Star

hiya cubbycuddly,

I'm not sure if THIS will help ya but it's worth a look see.

btw, have you tried sending yourself an attachment?

DS

3. brindle

brindle

try sliding the black line next to the excamation mark to thee right

Edit
    You might have to slide it back and forth several times for it to work. I had to do it three times for the paper clip to reappear. when the clip is not in the bar it also will not be shown in the lower frame

Attached Files:

4. cubbycuddly

hi

i sent a pic to myself and the paper clip icon was visible. As I said about half and half of all attachments either show the icon or not.
    Its all a bit strange and i can't find any information about it in the incredimail help sections.

cubbycuddly

5. Dark Star

Dark Star

I'm thinking that the sender may not actually be sending you an attachment, they may think they are and maybe they don't know how to.
    I dunno I'm guessing here, but no paperclip no attachment ... otherwise how do you know there's supposed to be an attachment?

DS

6. cubbycuddly

Hi,

the attachments without the paper clip are from numerous sources, not just one person. i have to repeatedly scroll down to the bottom of each email to see if a pic appears or not. Its can be quite time consuming!

cubbycuddly

7. hewee

hewee

You may have the java turned off for your email program.
    If so turn it back on.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/137447