1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing pictures!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by terryc, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terryc

terryc Thread Starter

hello there ,im a computer muppet and i require help please !i have recently upgraded from the millenium edition to the xp home, so far so good ,but when i try to download cd covers from various sites the info is transfered to my documents but if i click on the info there is no picture avaliable, it just states there is no preview avaliable. I am opening the pictures with the picture& fax viewer but nothing happens , Im sure its just me but can you help ?

2. Dan O

Dan O

Can you post an Internet address of one you downloaded? So we can reproduce your problem and hopefully we will be able to tell you how to solve your problem.

3. terryc

terryc Thread Starter

thanks for your reply !
    I was trying to download cd covers fron www.cdcovers.cc ,and the cd i was trying to download was s club 7 (sunshine ) ,i also succesfully downloaded a starsailor cd cover from the same site last week but i re tried it this week with the same results, no preview avaliable . I am using the aol7 browser. I hope this is enough info to help you help me ,thanks
    terry

4. Dan O

Dan O

Terry,

Nice job posting the info, just what I needed.

It's a pretty cool service, I have never seen.

I experimented with it using XP Pro and it worked like a champ. The cover is displayed as a JPEG Image within your browser, I am using IE 6.

Instruction under the cover state: To save right click on the cover and choose Save Picture As...

Using XP if you move my mouse point over the cover XP presents a menu, which includes Save As, Print, and others.

To solved your problem what you need to do is use IE 6 (not AOL7) as your browser, download and install their Cover Software (which sounds very nice), or try what is instructed below from their FAQ:

Q: When saving a cover I get only .art/.bmp format and not .jpg / When printing with coverxp I get jpeg #52 error. What's wrong ?

A: Many of our users who are using the AOL browser have encountered numerous problems when trying to download our covers. Apparently AOL have their own concept about what web graphics should be and are auto compressing gif and jpeg images, transforming them to non-usable .art and .bmp files.
    The solution is quite simple and will solve both the jpeg #52 error when printing with coverxp and the save as problems.

1) AOL --> Settings --> Preferences --> Internet Properties (WWW)
    2) AOL Users with different versions:
    * AOL 5.0 and below:
    AOL Internet Properties --> Web Graphics --> Used Compressed Graphics
    Be sure to Uncheck (which means NO check/mark).
    * AOL 6.0:
    AOL Internet Properties --> Web Graphics
    Be sure to choose never compress graphics.
    3) Click General tab (at top left-side corner of AOL Internet Properties).
    4) Click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files and then press OK button to delete all items in the Temporary Internet Files folder.
    5) Click Clear History under History and then press OK/Yes button to delete all items in your History folder.
    6) Press OK button (at the bottom) to save changes and close your AOL browser.
    7) Restart your computer and then get back to AOL.

More info about the problem can be obtained at http://esteepinky.cjb.net/aol/aolnote.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice