1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing "Promise operating mode" option in the BIOS!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SmashD, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashD

SmashD Thread Starter

This problem is simly driving me crazy.

here is the problem as direct as possible...

I have an Asus K8V mobo(standard)

On this board there is 2 controller that can use the SATA interface.

One is branded VIA and work flawesly and the other one is from Promise. (376 here)

I do have many hard disks and they all have the 1,5 GB/s jumper on, they all work perfectly on the Via controller...

But i have more then 2 sata device wich mean i need to run the promise controller in IDE mode.. or whatever its called (none-raid)

1 DVD burner sata, 1 HDD sata are on the Via controller. (what ever is plugged there work)

I now need to use the Promise controller in IDE MODE but there is no way i can do this since i dont have the option "operating mode : ide mode" in my advenced option from the bios...

It looks like i'm lock in raid mode. Sometime i just wish RAID never existed in the PC world.

I'm really about to give up on that since i must have wasted a considerable amount of time on that..

I do have the bios 1007 , v.2.54 from asus My Promise chip is identified as PDC203376.

Pls dont tell me i need driver in windows cause i know i need, and since im under winxp64 it might not work at all in the end but i'm not there yet since i dont even see the HDD in my BOOT DEVICE PREORITY list form the bios..

Thks, hope you guys have some clues for me, i'm starting to wonder if downgrading the bios, or if the K8v none deluxe is the problem.

See ya,

Best wishes,
    Seb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/746400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice