1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing Resolution options

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by danmitch1, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danmitch1

danmitch1 Thread Starter

Hey guys ,

I just bought a sharp Aquos 32" LDC full HD (its beautyfull ) .I mainly bought this to use with my pc . I bought some 180$ dvi to hdmi monster cables hooked em all up and WOW ! Looked awsome.. So i messed around with it for a while changing zoom, stretch, dot to dot ect .Finnaly i got the tv's view mode to normal no stretch and filled all 32" perfectly with my desktop and the resolution was something like 2040x1200 or 1920x1080 not sure exactly..i should have wrote that down but close to that..

Now that i know it worked great i wanted to clean my pc by imaging dells factory ghost .
    That flew without a hitch, but now i cannot for the life of me figure out why i cant get my tv to have the correct resolution as i did before the reset . In the display options in the settings tab the tv's screen res only goes up to 1360x768 .I noticed on my secondary monitor (my original 17"crapbox) that its res could go way higher like giant size having to scroll across the screen to see your start button res .So i try boosting the res on the 17 " and the monitor flickers off and says out of range.. So i changed the nview settings to clone instead of dualview thinking if one monitor doesnt take the high res the other will ..It worked but being in clone view im not getting 16:9 res settings ..So i try to set the lcd as the primary and the res went back to 1360x768... so then i said ok lets just use non 16:9 settings and try to set the res so it fits at least half decent .So i try to do what i did again but then the monitor went out of range and didnt want to turn back on and it was my primary monitor so i couldnt see any windows on the secondary so i couldnt change the res back to where the screen would work again arrrg .

Sooo i decided to do the dell reset again :S got back to square one .But now , i cant even trick the settings because the regular screens res settings are not the same anymore... I dont know why the display properties screen resolution settings change and dont know how to change them so i can have proper display.. this is so confusing soo many settings...

Oh

I have
    A Dell XPS 710
    Intel Core 2 CPU
    6400 @ 2.13 GHz
    2.13GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM 667
    nvidia geforce 7900 GTX dvi outx2 (sli but only got one for now :( )
    Winxp home

Thanks for your time !!!

Dan.

2. danmitch1

danmitch1 Thread Starter

OK seems that it was all a driver issue... I dont know why dells drivers dont include support for wide screen hd video and i dont remember downloading any updates before i did the factory update... anyways... I have another weird problem , maybe its not a problem but it seems like it is..

In my advanced video settings in preformance and quallity settings
    i have the antialiasing settings . Now as i can remember i was always able to set this to "application controlled" and was also able to manually set it.. now If i check the box next to application controlled and press apply the check doesnt stay and it simply sets antialiasing to off .. I dont get it, cause now every game i play i feel i have to set the antialiasing accordingly manually .
    Another thing after resetting to factory. When i right click on the desktop it doesnt respond right away it takes a few seconds then opens my desktop properties...Usually it was always super fast.. Its probably me being extreemly picky.. but who knows..

thanks for your time !

Dan.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/600384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice