1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing Second Hard Drive (F:), not in Disk Management

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tinceus, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tinceus

Tinceus Thread Starter

After updating the drivers using IObit Driver Booster Pro in my Windows 10 laptop, my second hard drive (F) went missing. It doesn't show in My Computer so I tried looking it up in Disk Management and it's not appearing there either.

Also my hard drive size is 500 GB and it only shows 296 GB.

I'm so frustrated and I don't know anything how to troubleshoot this to get that missing drive back, so any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks!

2. etech2019

etech2019

which driver did you update?

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

General consensus is don't use IOBit software.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why not simply do a system restore to a date before you messed with drivers?

Next the ONLY place you download drivers is from the system builder or the hardware mfg NOT a third party. Using a third party driver program is just asking for a problem.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

I think IOBIT has a setting in the menu to roll back the changes, I know it makes a restore point you can go back to. The only time I ever used it was on my old DELL server SC430 because there were no vendor drivers for Windows 7 (It was made for windows server 2008). "It also creates a restore point before installing a driver in the event something goes wrong with the installation."
    I only recommend it for PC's where the drivers are unavailable from the vendor.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!