1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing subscriptions

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by deuce, Nov 19, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Aren't you automatically subscribed to a thread once you participate in it? It seemed not too long ago that I was, but now I couldn't remember the name of a thread I was helping someone on and can't find it, so I went to my user cp and it only has about 30 of the threads I have posted to ever. Can someone clear this up... are you supposed to click the subscribe link yourself, or does it subscribe automatically? Is this something that changed with one of the upgrades?

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Go to the User CP button at the top. When you're looking at the list of subscribed thread there, you'll see at the bottom-right a selection for "Show threads from... (last 2 days)" You can change that.... I think that might be where your problem is.

3. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Actually that is what I am talking about. I put it all the way down to "show all from the beggining" and it only shows about 30. (only has about 3 since the 14th or so)

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Unless you accidently clicked the "Unsubscribe From All Threads" button or something similar, I can't imagine what would cause that. When I put mine to show all, I get several pages... anyone else having difficulty?

5. RandyG

RandyG

I get 15 pages with 30 listed on each, so I guess that means that it shows mine OK.

6. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

I am pretty sure I never hit "unsubscribe from all threads" and before Nov. 10th it looks like it shows everything, but after the 10th it doesn't have any. :( (I mean when you look right now before the date 11/10 it shows all the threads, but at 11/10 the threads seems to stop and says I haven't posted anything since the 10th. I know I had at least 70 posts since then and started 4 threads.

7. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

I was looking for a thread from a few days ago that I was helping someone with and can't remember the name... I just checked my cp again and I'm still not getting subscribed to anything since around nov. 10. (I guess I need to remember these things better... I just can't seem to do it)

8. hewee

hewee

deuce_mn,

Make a bookmark folder for the treads you are working on. That way you can just go back to the treads and when your all done deleted the bookmark.
    I used to do that at IBM forum because you can lose there treads there real easy.

You can make a folder on your desktop and put shortcuts there too.

9. Dark Star

Dark Star

deuce_mn,

"I guess I need to remember these things better... I just can't seem to do it"

LOL......I hate it when that happens, and happens to me quite a bit.
    Don't sweat it too much they are just "senior moments" :D

DS

10. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

If I don't get e-mail from a new post on the thread I most likely will not go back to a thread.
    I let e-mail let me know & it provides a clickable URL... Eliminates the need for a bookmarking system......then after you are finished & start to delete them in e-mail... you can click on unsubscribe there too.

Savvy :)

ps ... if I had to remember where a thread was I know I'd never get back to it!!

11. Dark Star

Dark Star

Well you can always post a new thread.......

"Will someone please post the link thingy to that thread that I can't remember?"

hehehe.....:D

DS

12. hewee

hewee

Sure I found it Here

13. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Doesn't all the email annoy you? 500 some post in a few months means you have at least 1000 emails from TSG... (I'm guessing the "average") I don't check my email every hour or everyday sometimes so the email would really pile up...

well I am glad I'm not the only one with alzheimers giving me "senior moments"

Hewee... no no no... it is HERE -- not there ... :D

14. Dark Star

Dark Star

hewee, deuce_mn......

I cannot believe that I actually got sucked into clicking on that stuff..........:rolleyes:

.......senior moments or not I've got both your numbers now. :D

DS

15. RandyG

RandyG

Actually, it's not that bad. You receive only one notification mail for a thread if there has been one response or 2000 to it while you were offline. I have never had more than a dozen mails in my inbox when I first logged on. Now, if I'm online, then I get a mail anytime someone posts in a thread I am subscribed to.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice