Missing system32\config\system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

norton850

Dell Dimension 8400 with dead PS that I replaced with a used but working PS from another 8400. System now starts up but won't boot because of the missing or corrupt file message in the title. I know Microsoft has a long and tedious repair that I've used before. I've always found it amusing that Microsoft in the instructions assumes I'm using a FAT32 file system even though it's an XP problem!

To the point. Is anyone aware of an easier fix? The fix also includes a warning about using it with an OEM installed OS. Anyone had any experience with it on a Dell or other brand system? I've seen suggestions to download the setup XP floppies and use those with an OEM install.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online