1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing user picture and icons in User Acct control panel

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wraithdu, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wraithdu

wraithdu Thread Starter

I've had a problem recently. I think it started after installing StyleXP to change my Windows visual style. I've since uninstalled StyleXP, but it has not resolved the problem.

My user picture that is usually at the top of the start menu is missing. In addition the green arrow icons and question mark icons in the User Accounts control panel are also missing (I just see red X's). I've tried changing my user picture in the control panel and it does not make a difference. I made sure to restore the default icons in StyleXP before uninstalling, but that didn't matter either.

I've since switched to Windowblinds and IconPackager. I've tried restoring default WinXP icons from IconPackager as well with no luck. Any ideas here? I'll upload some screenshots when I get back home, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

2. wraithdu

wraithdu Thread Starter

I've tried logging in under another user and I have the same problem. Here's a screenshot of the issue. Notice the red X's and the blank user picture box in the start menu.

[​IMG]

3. wraithdu

wraithdu Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice