Missing Windows service

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
This one has me scratching my head.

I installed a new Scanner (Epson Perfection 2580 Photo), then realized my C:\ was getting full so I uninstalled the software and tried to reinstall it on D:\ but it did not give an option to change directories.

I therefore reinstalled the software onto C:\ but the scanner won't work. After exploring Control Panel\Administravive Tools\Services I discovered that Still Image Service is missing. This runs the stimon.exe and stisvc.exe Windows apps.

Question: how is Still Image Service reinstalled and what made it disappear?

~Jim

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
* 2nd bump *

(how many bumps are we allowed?)

~Jim

Had the same trouble with my Epson scanner. All I can think is that I uninstalled the driver for a camera which was no longer needed, and it messed up the stisvc service. It can be reinstalled as a service using a program called INSTSRV.EXE. Program and instructions on using it here:
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=197.
Worked for me :D

STIMON.EXE?

Still Image Monitor (Stimon.exe) is a tool that is installed by Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98 when a Universal Serial Bus (USB) scanning device is successfully enumerated.
XP's equivalent is Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!