1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing Wireless Network Adaptor

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Immotab, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Immotab

Immotab Thread Starter

Hi

I've recently installed Microsoft XP Professional edition. I used to have a working wireless network adaptor and but now it's missing. I cannot see it under Device Manager. I've seen other posts that suggest updating drivers but if the OS cannot see this hardware how the hell do I make Windows find it?

Can anyone help?

It's a Toshiba laptop. According to Toshiba tech support the wireless network adaptor is an Intel Pro 2915.

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

3. IT Monkey

IT Monkey

install the chipset driver for the mobo :)

that will sort it.

Monkey

4. Immotab

Immotab Thread Starter

Hi Guys

Thanks for the suggestions but alas they didn't work. The problem is I cannot find my wireless network adaptor in device manager. I have checked and upgraded the chipset after using CPUID utility. Apartently I have a Intel 915GM/PM chipset.

Any more ideas?

5. JustJudy

JustJudy

I have done clean installs of windows and had the wireless adaptor not show up. Usually by just installing the driver (I usually just download it to desktop and launch it from there) does the trick. If right after the install it still doesn't see it, try doing a restart. Also, make sure the wireless switch is turned on. It's easy to turn it off when handling a laptop and its also easy to forget to check to make sure the switch is set to wireless.
    Good luck!

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Go to Toshiba's website, and download the drivers for the wireless adapter for your particular model laptop.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!