1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing Wireless Network Icon

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Samml, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Samml

Samml Thread Starter

In network connections

ive looked to install the device but im not sure what its called or if its there it diffenatly has one because it was fine till i formatted my (C:) and installed windows home edition SP2 and ive installed all updates im certain but it wont show up in network connections what can i do?

my laptop doesnt have an external wireless switch as such
    but on my keyboard there is like a upside down triangle with and stick down the middle (sorry for the crap description) and i think that is the wireless thing but ive been pressing it and then looking on netowrk connections but it doesnt show up

anything i can do???:confused:

2. Gnomad

Gnomad

Go to START then RUN and type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter. Are there any items with yellow exclamation marks?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm guessing that your answer to Gnomad's question will be 'yes.'

Did you install the proper chipset and networking drivers? From your drivers CD or the laptop manufacturer's web site?

4. Samml

Samml Thread Starter

Yeah there are theres 4 but none of them seem like wireless adaptors ill list them below

Ethernet Controller
    PCI Device
    Video Controller
    Video Controller (VGA)

ive just went onto there website and i have downloaded the drivers that i need i think i got more but im just trying to find the right ones

but im not sure about the BIOS one because my support and recovery disk just says that files are missing from my laptop and wont work

which drivers should i install?

for the ones that have a yellow ?

5. Samml

Samml Thread Starter

ive just realised ive actuallly still got all the drivers although ive downloaded them again

they were on my D: drive think or E:

im guessing they didnt work because i just installed xp home edition because my support and recovery disc from medion didnt work

i put it in restart boot from CD rom it shows up iwth the first menu asking what language and it says something about error and missing files so i had to format C: and install windows

6. Gnomad

Gnomad

You should install the chipset drivers, ethernet drivers, wireless drivers and video drivers. What model Medion do you have?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/676133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice