Missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jupjazz71

Had a PC crash when the PC froze doing too many things at once I guess.

Now no volume icon now in the taskbar, lower right corner...and these error msgs in Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices icon clicked (could be others too):

"Clicking on Place volume icon in the taskbar" under the first tab gives me: "Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed. To install it, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel."

Also this one when I try to change in Audio tab, Default Device, Volume: "Windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe, use Add/Remove Programs Control Panel to install."

I have the Windows XP Home install disk, I have a recent Restore, I have a full disk Norton Ghost copy of the c: drive...but I'd like to just reinstall the disappeared specific program...

Note last night I reinstalled c:/Windows/Cursors...all the cursor files were missing completely...it was not a program but like a bunch of font files. This seems different...got to install a *.exe I think from scratch?:confused:

jupjazz71

Augie65:

Yes, you are a "senior member" of TechGuy.org...can't wait to go do it now...will give it a go tonite :)

Jupjazz71

jupjazz71

Worked like a charm. Very happy camper here. I am not good enough to find what I need at Microsoft even :(

Jupjazz71

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online