1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

misterious crash

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by grayandyellow, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grayandyellow

grayandyellow Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    i have a big and misterious issue here. I got a new laptop, an LG A550, with an i5 and Geforce 640M two weeks ago.
    things were running ok until yesterday, i was playing online and suddenly the flash game crashed. i thought it was a flash player problem, so i updated it, and problems began:
    not only stills with the game not loading, but also i had most web pages not loading properly. taking lots of time to load and when it happens it shows an text only creepy version of it.
    that happens to facebook, kongragate and other sites i guess uses flash, but google and gmail and this forum works ok.
    then i tried to update the java, but that bug makes me not be able to download that update.

I got mad and tried system restore.
    All attempts failed.
    Finally i tried to restore the whole system to factory conditions, to get rid of ALL softwares i had installed in this two weeks. when completed, guess what... the issue CONTINUES! :(:(:(

what should i do now?
    could be a problem with the files at the D partition?
    a hardware problem?
    or some rare hard time register bug?
    please help me on that!!! (and merry christmas you all)

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

grayandyellow
    Welcome to Tech Support Guy

Merry Christmas
    The failure of system restore, if you mean it failed even to restore, rather than it did restore but the restore point failed to cure the problem AND then the failure of the recovery to factory condition, failing to solve the porblem would tend to suggest, as I am sure you will have concluded, that this may well be a hardware problem.

It is unlikely to be a registry problem, in view of the recovery to original condition.

Whatever the cause my best advice on a 2 week old computer is to return it to the supplier.
    I also recommend you do this as soon as is possible.

Were it to be me I would not even attempt, any further troubleshooting.

3. grayandyellow

thanks for the reply macboat.

i'm still trying to find a solution, have already scanned for viroses with avg and kaspersky, with no threads found on them.

the windows update was also failing to check for updates, even right after the system is restored to its factory condition...
    somehow, after a night windows update worked, i'll restart to see if something changes, but the issues stills there.

i think i'll be taking the laptop to the supplier tomorrow, after i back all my files to an external HD, but i fear that they could not make any changes because the system boots ok, some websites works perfectly too, so maybe will be considered as issue-free laptop, but it's not...

i suspected that could be a hardware problem because i was checking the temperatures also (is quite hot here where i live now, top summer) and the information on PC Wizard software, where says "Chipset PCH" had suddenly disappeared. meaning to me that somehow that info couldn't be measured, and by that, guessing that a hardware failure had happened..
    but im just an advanced user, not a technician, so i may be wrong

if anybody have any advice, feel free for doing so, please
    wish me luck...

4. Macboatmaster

what does a system health report say in performance monitor

also try the browser depending on what it is in NO add-ons or Safe mode

additionally does the same occur in Safe Mode with networking
    and does it occur in Low Resolution Mode

Which browser are you using as Google Chrome uses it own flash player
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=108086

5. grayandyellow

the system health report seems to be fine, no problems were detected..

i have installed chrome and firefox, but at the first crash, before things started, i was using Rockmelt, an cromium based browser. but it requires a download-from-exe based installation, so i couldn't install it when things got serious..
    when i use the portable version of the browser, sites works in the beginning then few moments later, it doesn t.

the same happens on safe mode with network.

i think i'm gaving up to find whats the problem... =/

6. Macboatmaster

I think that is the best decision and take it back to the supplier

Not IMHO a good choice.

7. grayandyellow

news here.
    after cleaning out the partition with my data, and having windows 7 using fresh system restored to factory conditions, i was able to download windows updates, install java and update flash player.
    things works ok BUT, stills some websites not loading.
    they loads on other laptops, but mine. i mean, after looong load, they display only the text info, without any CSS configuration nor images.
    tried with chrome and firefox, both not working.

what should be now then?
    a hardware problem with the network adapter?
    network configuration prolblem?
    other issue?

8. Macboatmaster

It could be the anti-virus - is it Norton
    It could be the firewall if it is not the windows firewall
    It could indeed be settings on the browser

Whatever it is
    the fact remains that
    and whilst it is VERY unlikely in view of your last post that it is anything other than one of these AND not likely to be a hardware problem, I am still of the same opinion as I was at the start

This is NOW the second time you have restored to factory condition on a two week old computer
    It is NOT a good way to tackle these problems and the best way is to be assured that all is OK, by the supplier

If you leave it and in weeks to come other problems appear - you will regret not making an early approach to the supplier.

9. Macboatmaster

grayandyellow

Just wondered what decision you made.
    Would you let us know in due course, how you progress with this
    Best of luck with it

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice