1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mixed Problems, from blue screen error to over running fan

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by surgeon06, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surgeon06

surgeon06 Thread Starter

Hi, I bought this laptop last year from Amazon.co.uk. It was working fine at first but after almost a year, I started having blue screen error, video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error. This thing kept happening over and over. After non stop restarts due to it, tried to repair, restore and do everything possible but it didn't allow me "Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc, log file: D:\\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt
    I searched to fix each one but didnt work. So I took it to a computer shop to fix it but they did nothing. Tried again with different place also nothing. Third place they said it might be cause I upgraded my windows and it was compatible so they installed windows 10 again. Blue screen error kept happening along with fan over running. 4th place they said its due to hard drive so they changed my hard drive and installed new windows 10. Blue screen error happened with fan over running. So i'm losing faith and I just want to throw this laptop from the window cause I need it for university work but its pissing me off with this problem so most of time I worked on Safe mode with internet. Then i decided to install windows 8.1 maybe it will fix the problem but also it didn't. Please someone help, I spent all my savings on this laptop and paying people to fix it with horrible failure. These are my laptop specs.
    Brand Cyberpower
    Item Weight 2.4 Kg
    Product Dimensions 26 x 38.3 x 2.7 cm
    Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
    Item model number ECC01261
    Color Black
    Screen Size 15.6 inches
    Processor Brand Intel
    Processor Type Core i7
    Processor Speed 2.5 GHz
    Processor Count 1
    RAM Size 16 GB
    Computer Memory Type SODIMM
    Hard Drive Size 1 TB
    Hard Disk Technology HDD
    Graphics Card Description Nvidia GTX 960M
    Graphics RAM Type VRAM
    Graphics Card Ram Size 2 GB
    Tuner Technology Digital
    Operating System Windows 8.1
    Lithium Battery Energy Content 0.5 watt_hours
    Lithium Battery Packaging batteries_packed_with_equipment
    Lithium Battery Weight 1 Grams

Thanks in advance

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    First, let me say that if you paid someone to fix, and it failed again, you could have taken it back and stated that it wasn't fixed.

The BSOD error ( video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error ), that is likely video driver related. Installing the latest version of drivers available from the manufacturer would be suggested. If you upgraded the OS, they may or may not actually support the new OS. In any case, I'd suggest contacting their support (for the drivers): http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/support/

As for the fan, that can be normal if the PC isn't booting properly and/or the drivers aren't properly loading. Video drivers, for example, can affect the gpu fan speed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice