1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MMJB 10: No option to save library or new library

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by helbigtw, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helbigtw

helbigtw Thread Starter

I have Musicmatch Jukebox 10. I used to have 9.0 and I have a saved library (.ddf file) in my external hard drive. After getting 10.0 the library is now not saving to any .ddf file (that I know of). I have searched all my drives for all .ddf files and produced nothing. My original .ddf file I saved all the time when adding new music has been the same...4.3mb since i upgraded to 10.0. the .ddf file isn't getting any bigger. I have tried deleting mmjb from my entire computer, and going to the C: directory and physically deleting musicmatch. When I download a fresh copy, I still cant save or create a new library. In addition, it still pulls up all my music...which is stored in my external hard drive. Even if I turn my external hard drive off...mmjb still brings up all the music...of course it wont play because the hard drive is turned off but somehow mmjb knows my current library...so is it storing it in a file which is not a .ddf file? There is no option to "new library" or "save library" Someone help me!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It might be that the file is hidden and windows cannot see it. Go to My Computer, then Tools > Folder Options > View > select shown hidden files and folders.

Also it could be that it's not using the DDF file anymore and using a different one. Maybe M4U or something similar.

3. ldlong

ldlong

I just was in my Musicmatch 10 trying to create a new library and noticed the same thing that you ran into. It appears that Musicmatch has elected to not allow different libraries as in past editions. MMJB 10 also appears to be quite bloated and a system resources hog in comparison to previous editions. What can they be thinking? Is it Yahoo's takeover of MMJB that is responsible? Think I'll reinstall my older version that has all of the features w/o obvious downside of the new version.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/352109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice