1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MMJB 7.5 Supertagging After Rollback to ie6

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by GhostPirate, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostPirate

GhostPirate Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    This is the first forum I've joined for pc help so stick with me.
    First off I'd like to say I've read several previous posts on MMJB7.5 but they didn't quite cover my problem so forgive me if this has been answered and I didn't find it.
    Ok,
    I'm a DJ and have loved this program for SuperTagging. It looks up the album art which is key for keeping my radio station quazi professional.
    Anyway, I made the mistake (as many did) of "upgrading" to ie7. After this MMJB7.5 still worked BUT it wouldn't connect to SuperTag anymore.. Which is really the only reason I use it.
    I tried MMJB 10.. no luck.
    SO i uninstalled both, Add/Removed ie7 (Just went back to ie6 by itself), reinstalled MMJB7.5 and it still says "There was a server time-out while attempting to look up tag data."
    Any ideas? I NEED the supertagging option and obtain so much music that looking up each album art myself is rediculous.

2. caraewilton

caraewilton

I speak under correction but as far as I know the super tagging server (I am sure I am using the incorrect terms) has been disabled since yahoo have taken over the programme. This is regardless of version. This is really sad as it was a fantastic service and why I forked out actual money 5 years ago to purchase the full version.

3. stantley

stantley

Yes, it looks like Yahoo wants to save a few bucks, so the MM servers for super tagging and many of the old MM support sites were turned off around Dec. 1, 2007. It's too bad, MM was a great music database and I don't think the Yahoo version will ever come close to it.

You can look up album art at All Music Guide (AMG) or get MediaMonkey which has something similar to super tagging.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/671896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice