1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MMNIndexStoreSvr.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by silverado4, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

Does anyone know what NMIindexStoreSvr.exe does? When I shut down, I get an error on this file, it trying to shut this down in my task manager. I looked on the internet, and it's some kind of foreign language. Thanks.:confused:

2. FatherCrowe

FatherCrowe

This process is part of Nero. It searches your computer for media. And is meant to make it easier for you to find(?)

I find this process takes up a lot of memory, so I always shut it down from task manager. There is probably away of disabling it in Nero. But I haven't found that part yet!:confused:

3. silverado4

How do I shut it down from task manager for good? I tried, but it says it may cause difficulty with my system. I got this when I loaded the new version from Nero Today 1/18/2007 updates. They always have bugs in their software. In every version it's something different that is wrong. Their quality assurance sucks. They just let it go out, and worry about the errors later.

4. silverado4

I looked on the web, and it took me to something that said "camera web", and that had me scared.... Thanks for telling me it was from Nero, I feel better now.

5. FatherCrowe

FatherCrowe

Thats odd that you get that system warning. I don't get that at all. After what you have said I feel lucky that this has only been a mild problem for me.

I don't know how to shut it down for good. But I'll have look see if anything turns up.

(y)

6. silverado4

Now explain this to me..
    I ended the process on "MNIIndexstoreSvr.exe" in the task manager, then shut the computer. I now got a different error like "end CD Directory (something).." Where did that come from. It wasn't in the task manager. I re-booted, and the MNIIndexstoreSvr.exe of course is back and will always be back, but now it seems to work ok. I re-booted about 5 times, with no errors. WHAT IS GOING ON??? Why is it working now?? Can I be rest assured that this file is safe? Do you know what the other file was?
    I ran spyware, nothing to be found. It must have been in the Nero. I sent them a letter also about the MNI..... file. Lets see what they say, and I'll let you know. Thanks for you help.
    Silverado, Do you have an answer on the CD Directory Anyway? Thanks

7. FatherCrowe

FatherCrowe

A question, since I have been looking more about this process i have been finding it really hard to find details.:confused: And I have just realised that I copied and pasted from your first question, and that there is an extra "I" in your process name.:eek: Can you just double check that's how it is spelt or if you have just made a typo. If it is just a typo, try searching again online because I found lots of articles explaining the removal of the process. :rolleyes:

If it IS spelt like that it could possibly something trying to pretend to be Nero!

Let me know.

8. silverado4

I finally got an answer from Nero on this problem, I haven't tried it yet, but I thought I would pass it along to you...

There are two possibilities to fix this problem:

1.)

Please rename the file NMIndexStoreSvr.exe to NMIndexStoreSvr.old.
    Afterwards reboot your system.

2.)

Disable Nero Scout.
    Open Windows Explorer, click on 'My Computer' to display the program, and select Nero Scout. Press the right mouse button to open the context menu and select the 'Options' command.
    Check the 'Disable Nero Scout' box to deactivate the database functionality of Nero Scout.
    Click on 'Exit' to save settings and close the window.
    Restart your PC.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Eric Trabold
    Nero Support

9. FatherCrowe

FatherCrowe

Option 2 worked a treat! Good job on getting the feedback from Nero.

Cheers! (y)

FC :D

10. ozzyxs

ozzyxs

start - all programs - nero8 - nero toolkit - nero scout

in nero scout select "files" under indexing. click delete all, and click ok.

exe will stop and close itself

sorry for english; my nero8 is in turkish.

11. silverado4

I did have an extra "i" in the name, sorry, I opened the task manager, and it's still there, I haven't tried the last from ozzyxs yet, but I will. Thanks for all your help

12. ozzyxs

ozzyxs

actually. my solution is not working at the moment. its gonna burn my cpu.
    i am seraching for the exe in my harddisk now. i will change its extention as writen in the first solution. i understand nothing from the second solution.

now i understand my mistake:
    start - all programs - nero8 - nero toolkit - nero scout.
    just disable nero scout. it should be enough.

13. silverado4

Option #2 worked fine, the MMNindexStoreSvr.exe is not in the task manager any longer. Try that one. I hope my computer will pick up a little speed now.
    Thanks for all your help in this matter... I see that a lot of people had the same problem.
    silverado over and out.

14. silverado4

I am not going to use Nero any longer, they have too much problems. I found a good program with more transitions, etc. It's Uleads Video Studio 11. Works in the same manner as Nero, Drop, or Insert slides / movies / sound. It's a learning curve, but I like it better. They don't have updates like Nero, but they never have any problems with their software like Nero does. I had Nero 5 6 7 8. All had problems with each version. every other month. Something worked one month, then the next month it didn't. You try to tell Nero, but they always blame you, or your computer. Good luck.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice