Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile broadband Pay-as-you-go?

814 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pinmac 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I will be moving from the rented house I've been in for 21 months into a new house in the next couple of months. The house is a new-build and I will obviously not have broadband to start with - don't know if I'll have a phone line straightaway yet. I am trying to work out the best way to get online during this time.I am in the UK.

I went in to an O2 shop today and they were trying to sell me a dongle which cost £20 and then £2 a day, £7.50 for a week and £15 for a month. This would get over my immediate problem of geing broadband-lacking when I move but wasn't quite what I had in mind. I was thinking more of a dongle with x amount of Gbs (to be decided) which doesn't have clock running on it. So, after I've stopped needing it at the new house, I could take it out and about with me on my laptop whenever I wanted and when it ran out I'd top it up.

Does such a deal exist and, if so, what size in Gbs would be OK? We use aroung 10Gb per month on average but that's with the kids looking at YouTube, using iPlayer a bit so assume that just a bit of surfing would need less? Thanks for any help.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I really want to avoid a monthly contract as I will carry on with my current broadband provider, Plusnet, who I've always found very good, once I've got the phone line in and broadband enabled. I'm in the middle of an 18-month contract with Plusnet, anyway, including a free move I think. I need the mobile broadband to tide me over the gap..

he house is one of only 2 being built at the end of a cul-de-sac so not sure if utlities will know about us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.