1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobile Data only works in Messenger on new phone

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Yugen, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yugen

Yugen Thread Starter

Weird, I know.

I got a new phone (realme X2 PRO GLOBAL) and everything is nice and all. Only one problem. My 4G,for whatever reason, do not work...kind of.

This is a first for me but,I can use 4G,however only in Facebook Messenger. Not only that but it also only loads text messages. It does not load photos videos etc. It also does not load anything on literally any other app I have tried thus far, including facebook, instagram, discord and play store (and google).

So 4G does work, but it seems to only work in Messenger, and its only able to load text messages.

According to my research the phone should work in my country. I live in Cyprus and my carrier is called "epic",formerly known as "MTN", if anyone wants to double check. I can phone people normally too. The SIM is not the issue (I guess) since it works on my old iPhone 6S Plus and 4G there works normally as it should.

No, I do not have airplane mode on. Yes, the apps have the permission to use both WiFi and Cellular Network to function. No, Messenger is not working on the Save Data mode or whatever its called.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1238993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice