1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobile Device Photo Glitching ( Device and server side )

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ninjamanx, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjamanx

ninjamanx Thread Starter

So here’s a stressful situation.
    I’ve been having this issue with both iOS and Android, where sometimes when I upload a photo to an image service or social media (Instagram, Ello, Facebook, etc.) The photo appears to be uploaded completely normally, but after I come back to it, say 10 minutes later, there is a visible distortion or glitching on the picture, as if the data stream was interrupted or intercepted and whoever was doing the interception didn’t properly reconfigure the data upon exit so the picture ended up having a visual artifact or glitch upon it. I’m not sure what this is, or why it’s happening, but it’s even happened on my digital camera sometimes, (after transferring the DCIM files to my pc, and then cellphone of course.) They appear normal on PC, normal on the phone, but when they are uploaded, they are either IMMEDIATELY glitched near the bottom half or top half of the screen, or after a certain amount of time, it just shows up. I would love it if anyone had any experience with this or knew what the issue was, because it isn’t as consistent as a “connector cable” error or any of that, it’s more random and only happened on a photo or two. I would attach a picture, but upon noticing this happen again I immediately uninstalled and deactivated those accounts for fear someone may have been snooping in or perhaps intercepting my data, ( causing concerns towards banking, emails, etc. )

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice