1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobile device/usb port

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by canava, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. canava

canava Thread Starter

Again, I thanks for all of the help with the S-video. Although, ever since then, I am not able to connect to the internet with my mobile internet device/usb port. I am not sure what happened. I just finished troubleshooting with Comcast technical support and we discovered that its not the mobile device. We uninstalled the comcast software and reinstalled it. Also, we went to the device manager and found yellow question marks under USB BUS CONTROLLER, UNKNOWN DEVICE and FINGER PRINT SENSOR. I reinstalled the UNIVERSAL SERIAL(USB) BUS CONTROLLER and that eliminated the yellow question mark. Also, I uninstalled the UNKNOWN DEVICE & FINGER PRINT SENSOR. Would you have any idea how I can get my connection back?

2. oreosrockk

oreosrockk

Have you tried the add new hardware wizard?

3. canava

canava Thread Starter

where do I get that from?

4. oreosrockk

oreosrockk

Go to control panel, Click view Classic view, There should be an icon in the first row that says "Add New Hardware". Click it. Follow the prompts, it will then search for new devices. If it finds one, click "Automatically Search For Drivers". Make sure you have your device already plugged in before you use the wizard. If it finds a device thats labeled Unknown Device just click cancel on the new wizard for it. Run the wizard again but unplug your device. If the Unknown Device goes away then we know thats your device and we need to install drivers for it.

I know its a hassle but trust me I had ALOT of problems with my drivers. Sometimes my computer will forget my wireless card is even installed, but that happens very rarely.

5. canava

canava Thread Starter

Thank you!

The problem was the Comcast software. They sent me an older version just last week and now they have an updated version. The internet is now working.

6. oreosrockk

oreosrockk

No problem. :D

7. canava

canava Thread Starter

Do you know what this error message mean?

1 Auto Detect(Analog Input)

My monitor on my desktop blackout after 5 minutes. When I turn the monitor off and turn it back on that is the message that I receive. Also, I am receiving this message as well:

When I 1st boot the computer, after 5 minutes the screen will go blank. Now, 1 Auto Detect (Analog Input) comes up on the screen when I turn it on. When I turn it off, 1 Auto Detect (Analog Input) Entering Power Save comes up on the screen.

Also, now I am getting this error message because unmountable_boot_volume:

***STOP: 0x000000ED(0x8A5917B8,0xC0000006,0x000000000,0x00000000)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!