Mobile devices kicked off wifi?

PabloMontoya

I live in a house with a few other people. I don't have access to the modem. Today it seems like my mobile devices can't access the internet, but my laptop still can. Was wondering if it's possible for a specific device to be kicked off the internet, and if there's anything I can do about it?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Define a few. If there are too many devices connecting then it may be that your devices are getting kicked off that way. How is the signal strength for the devices that get kicked off? Does the router have two signals, one for 2.4GHz and the other 5GHz?

PabloMontoya

Three devices in total. Two phones and one laptop. They have worked for several months with no problem, so it seems odd that it's happening now. I was able to reconnect the laptop by clicking on the 5G option, but the 5G option isn't in the available networks on either phone, so I don't get any connection. On my phone, under wifi, it says the connection is "saved" but it should say "connected" for it to actually be functioning.

PabloMontoya

Also, the signal strength for the phone says "good" and it actually says "disabled" now where it should say "connected."

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Three devices in total. Two phones and one laptop. They have worked for several months with no problem, so it seems odd that it's happening now. I was able to reconnect the laptop by clicking on the 5G option, but the 5G option isn't in the available networks on either phone, so I don't get any connection. On my phone, under wifi, it says the connection is "saved" but it should say "connected" for it to actually be functioning.
Typically I see this when something has changed, ie the type of security, or the password..

Try removing the saved information (the option is called forget this network) and reconnect and supply the password.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts