Mobile hotspot issues

Techradar

Hi all, I have connected my Samsung android v 8.1.0 J4+ hotspot with my new LG smart TV in order to screen share content or mirror. My TV has connected to my three network and I can use internet. I have tried my older chromecast with Google home it finds chromecast and I can see blue screen with code but it can't connect. I have tried ethernet and USB and and TV screen confirms connected by wired Lan connection. I have also used direct wifi and I accept invitation to connect to TV and it does. I have no miracast or mirroring on phone so tried device sharing I thought I had cracked it using this and wifi direct as everything looked ok, but get no signal check connections or change input. error messages include.
Couldn't connect to network.
Make sure both devices are connected to same network, this message is the most common. As I am a novice I would appreciate greatly anyone's advice as I have been trying so many different methods I've had enough,even thought of buying another phone or tablet. My LG smart TV model is webOS TV UM7000PLAg. Thanks Chris.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Screen mirroring, screen sharing, Miracast is not a hotspot function. I installed a Miracast app to both my Samsung S8 and S9 to facilitate screen sharing. I think it uses the WiFi adapter to facilitate the screen sharing. All you have to do is to enable screen sharing on your TV. Launch the Miracast app, look for your TV in the listed devices available to connect your phone to, click on your device in the list, and that's it. I've been able to share my screen on various TVs and Firesticks without issue.

muppy03

Chris
So is your issue the chromecast? Go to the chromecast settings and forget the network that is saved in there. I would also reset the chromecast and start again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online