1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobile Hotspot Problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by stanifortht, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stanifortht

stanifortht Thread Starter

Hi there
    I am looking for help with this please, I have just bought a Bush B320DTR Freeview+ HD Digital Smart TV Recorder -320GB with USB Media Player.
    My problem is that I don't have a landline and broadband. I use my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as a Hotspot for the various devices, laptop, tablet and Smart TV.
    Now here is my problem the Bush recorder has Ethernet connectivity and not wireless so is there any way to work round this.
    Thank you all for your interest and your time. :confused:

2. SpenDL13

SpenDL13

I would just try connecting the Ethernet from the computer to your device to create a bridged network. It works with computers that have no wireless capabilities, and it might work for you.

3. bcgrizzfan

bcgrizzfan

I noticed a device today while browsing Amazon, its a micro usb to ethernet, converter. Wasn't all that expensive either.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice