1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobo and ram not to like each other

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DemonSoul666, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DemonSoul666

DemonSoul666 Thread Starter

I'm waiting for my new parts to come in and I'll put the comp. together myself. I have heard that the nforce2 mobo don't like the kingston hyperx brand of ram. That is what I bought and just need some input from someone that has built one. Has anyone had problems?

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

I've bought 4 8RDA based motherboards so far, yes I've had problems with kingston ram. In fact I'd estimate about 10% on the failure rate. It seems some works and some doesn't. The only way to tell is to test the memory with a testing program after you install it. Keep the reciepts though and you'll have no problem exchanging the ones that don't work if you encounter any.

On the other hand, alot of the kingston ram runs at a much higher speed than what it's marked. My main machine has 2 512mb DDR266 sticks running at DDR333. It's give and take.

3. pronute

pronute

I just built a system with the Nforce2 chipset Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL with 1 stick of Kingston hyperx 512mb works great so far no problem, however I’m not taking advantage of the dual memory channels using one modal, so your experience may be different.

4. DemonSoul666

DemonSoul666 Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, got the parts today and my sister is bringing them to me. I'll let you know if in fact I do have problems on the subject.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/136389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice