MOBO/CPU recomendations

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mklangelo

Banned
I'm in the process of building a new PC and am at an impasse.

I'm liking some of the AMD FM2 cpu's but do they all feature the Trinity architecture? I do want to install a PCIE GPU so am not sure the Trinity APU is the way to go since I would just be watering down the increased graphic capibility of the cpu and using a lot of power.

So my question is am I trapping myself into this by going with a socket FM2 mobo? I'm looking at ASUS-F2A85-v-pro-Award mobo.

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. The GPU I'm leaning toward is GeForce GTX 650Ti AMP! by Zotec.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to build a desktop with decent gaming ability with a budget of ~$300 US for mobo and gpu combined.

thanks in advance.

MK

Mklangelo

Banned
Thanks for the reply, LoserOLimbs,

Gaming is pretty important but it will also be for work. Lots of multitasking and dual monitor, perhaps 3 monitors but if that becomes a reality I have one of these: HIS Multi-View II DVI USB 2.0 Adapter HMV2-MAC-PC

Happy New Year!

MK

crjdriver

Since that video card is approx $170 or so, that does not leave much for a mb, cpu, and ram. Add to this you are going to have to have a quality pw supply; something in the neighborhood of 650W or so.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online