Mobo from hell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OoDevilDogoO

I recently bought a cheap mobo+cpu combo from fry for a very cheap price(prolly my first problem)...Its a ECS L4VXA2 with a 2.6 celeron, and I've had nothing but problems from this mobo. I researched it online and it appears that alot of other people have had problems to it, but every person found different ways to stabalize the mobo....we'll i have yet to find mine. I can clear cmos, and it will boot fine, for a while, then i'll have to clear cmos again. Ive flashed to bios already and tried setting the bios to every setting that the other user with this problem posted as a fix for them.....i seems as this mobo just doesnt like win xop pro....linux will load on it, havent tried 98 yet. Any suggestions before play frisbie with it?

A major (now defunct) PC manufacturer in NZ called The PC Company used the ECS K7VTA3 board in thousands of machines... every single one that comes into my workshop for repairs is either dead, or well on the way. I really can't stress enough how utterly awful ECS products are, that's why they're so cheap.

That particular motherboard earned the nickname "the purple board of doom" for a good reason :eek:

crjdriver

ECS is the bottom feeder of mb mfg. RMA the board and go with a quality mfg like asus or intel for an intel build.

I have found P4 boards with Intel chipsets to be a lot more reliable than those with VIA, SiS or ATi chipsets, regardless of manufacturer, also. Haven't seen enough Nvidia chipset boards to really comment on them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online