1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mobo instalation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jason6467, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jason6467

jason6467 Thread Starter

putting a new motherboard in a box, it's a PCCHIPS| KM266 M825LU and dropped a DURON 1.6GHZ, i put the mother board in, checked what jumpers i needed to, but on this mother board there is a Vcore power plug and the board will not respond, i dont see anythign telling me to apply the power to that plug but i get no cmos at al, and no video. no beep nothing, the hard drive spins as well do the fans, i get keyboard lights and mouse light. do i have to aply power to the vcore along with the atx connector? I have never had a motherboard that needed this before.

Jason6467

2. Rockn

Rockn

Did you place the standoffs correctly on the case backplane for the corresponding holes in the motherboard? You should at the very least get the LED indicator on the MB. Are you referring to the 4 connector plug? Don't need it if you are running an AMD.

3. jason6467

jason6467 Thread Starter

standoffs as far as i can tell are correct, i do not see a light on the mobo, i get power to the hard drives, mouse, keyboard, but no beep or cmos, just trying to work through this, it's strange

4. ourhouse

ourhouse

if you didnt already i would disconnect and reconnect everything. leave out hard drive and cd rom and floppy. after doing so, if same thing persists, i would take out the RAM and see if you get beeps. if not, and you are confident everything is connected correctly i would suggest bad board.

5. ourhouse

ourhouse

and make sure jumper settings on the board is for 100mhz and not 133mhz. if that board has the 133 feature

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Actually if that board is a Revision 7.2a or higher, I don't think the earlier ones even have the connector, then it does need the 4 prong 12 Volt even though its not a P4. You'll need to connect it or it won't POST.

7. jason6467

jason6467 Thread Starter

ok i connected the power and it did come up, I was just worried about connecting it if it wasn't needed and it smoking the chip, ty again for all your help. It loaded and came up fine.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice