mobo instalation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jason6467

putting a new motherboard in a box, it's a PCCHIPS| KM266 M825LU and dropped a DURON 1.6GHZ, i put the mother board in, checked what jumpers i needed to, but on this mother board there is a Vcore power plug and the board will not respond, i dont see anythign telling me to apply the power to that plug but i get no cmos at al, and no video. no beep nothing, the hard drive spins as well do the fans, i get keyboard lights and mouse light. do i have to aply power to the vcore along with the atx connector? I have never had a motherboard that needed this before.

Jason6467

Did you place the standoffs correctly on the case backplane for the corresponding holes in the motherboard? You should at the very least get the LED indicator on the MB. Are you referring to the 4 connector plug? Don't need it if you are running an AMD.

jason6467

standoffs as far as i can tell are correct, i do not see a light on the mobo, i get power to the hard drives, mouse, keyboard, but no beep or cmos, just trying to work through this, it's strange

if you didnt already i would disconnect and reconnect everything. leave out hard drive and cd rom and floppy. after doing so, if same thing persists, i would take out the RAM and see if you get beeps. if not, and you are confident everything is connected correctly i would suggest bad board.

and make sure jumper settings on the board is for 100mhz and not 133mhz. if that board has the 133 feature

Triple6

Rob
Actually if that board is a Revision 7.2a or higher, I don't think the earlier ones even have the connector, then it does need the 4 prong 12 Volt even though its not a P4. You'll need to connect it or it won't POST.

jason6467

ok i connected the power and it did come up, I was just worried about connecting it if it wasn't needed and it smoking the chip, ty again for all your help. It loaded and came up fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online