Mobo or ram problem ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nitro237

OK , I have an ASUS CUSL2-C mobo , 256 MB stick Infineon , Retail Radeon 64MB VIVO . I just put the system together . I loaded W2K with no problems . I did this on a test bench I have set up . Satisfied it was ok , I moved the system to my desk and hooked it up . Now it's making the long , single beeps indicating a problem with the ram . I have tried re-seating the ram several times , tried several different sticks , with the same results . I'm not real sure what to try next . Any help would be greatly appreciated . :confused:

Depending on the BIOS, it could also be a video problem. Have you tried reseating the video card?

Good Luck

Just thought of another thing, since this started after you put it in the case, check to make sure the motherboard is not grounded on the case somewhere.

SeeYa

try taking out the sound/graphics cards and see if she posts then.

nitro237

I don't have any other cards installed . All I did was load Win2K . I didn't even install vid card drivers .

Hey phil,
like someone else said,make sure it's not grounding out.Also have you tried just a single stick of ram??It's either video, ram or shorting out.Can you try another video card in it??

nitro237

I have tried a diffrent vid card . The ram is a single 256 MB stick and I have tried 2 other single sticks . But what's strange is , this is the setup I installed windows with and had no problems . Thanks for the suggestions :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online