1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobo or ram problem ??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro237, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nitro237

nitro237 Thread Starter

OK , I have an ASUS CUSL2-C mobo , 256 MB stick Infineon , Retail Radeon 64MB VIVO . I just put the system together . I loaded W2K with no problems . I did this on a test bench I have set up . Satisfied it was ok , I moved the system to my desk and hooked it up . Now it's making the long , single beeps indicating a problem with the ram . I have tried re-seating the ram several times , tried several different sticks , with the same results . I'm not real sure what to try next . Any help would be greatly appreciated . :confused:

2. rugrat

rugrat

Depending on the BIOS, it could also be a video problem. Have you tried reseating the video card?

Good Luck

3. rugrat

rugrat

Just thought of another thing, since this started after you put it in the case, check to make sure the motherboard is not grounded on the case somewhere.

SeeYa

4. nitro237

nitro237 Thread Starter

I tried reseating video card too . Thanks

5. $teve

$teve

try taking out the sound/graphics cards and see if she posts then.

6. nitro237

nitro237 Thread Starter

I don't have any other cards installed . All I did was load Win2K . I didn't even install vid card drivers .

7. bigcfromcinci

bigcfromcinci

Hey phil,
    like someone else said,make sure it's not grounding out.Also have you tried just a single stick of ram??It's either video, ram or shorting out.Can you try another video card in it??

8. nitro237

nitro237 Thread Starter

I have tried a diffrent vid card . The ram is a single 256 MB stick and I have tried 2 other single sticks . But what's strange is , this is the setup I installed windows with and had no problems . Thanks for the suggestions :confused:

9. bigcfromcinci

bigcfromcinci

you try taking it back outta the case??

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice