1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mobo question: ECS P4VXASD2+ 1.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iamstuck, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iamstuck

iamstuck Thread Starter

hi have the mobo ECS P4VXASD2+ 1.0
    i bought this hd: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB ATA100 7200RPM 16MB Cache Hard Drive

i wasnt thinking cuz my 200 gb hd died on me and i knew it was an ata interface, so i went straight to my computer store and bought this one. But i didnt do my hwk, so can sum1 tell me if its compatible with my mobo? do i have to update drivers, bios (flash maybe?), or ne thing else? can sum1 help me?

thnx in advance.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Sure it should be compatible. If your replacing the main HDD make sure the old one is removed the new one has the right jumpers on it and is on the same slot the old oone came off of. Lastly make sure your bios is set to auto detect the HDD's and you hsould be set.

3. onsite

onsite

Is the new HD sata or pata , is the old hd sata or pata. Does your new MAINBOARD SUPPORT sata HDs. If your new mainboard supports sata and you purchased a pata hd, If it were me I think I would rather have a sata drive instead of a pata hd, so again if it were me i think i would take the pata hd back.

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Board doesn't support sata and the drive states its an ATA 100.

Just a standard 80 pin connector. Everything is cool don't change a thing hardware wise just make sure the jumper and postion on the cable and bios are set right.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice