MOBO question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fatbobthefirst

Working on a T2885 Emachine.

I got it and the people who had it said they unplugged it before going on vacation.
When they got back she plugged it in. And nothing.

I took it home thinking it was just the Powersupply.
Put my powersupply in and still nothing. But at least with my PSU I get a green light on the MOBO.

I did reseat the CPU and Ram. Nothing.

Is is a bad MOBO and PSU with this machine?

Without having one to test, it kind of stinks... I am just wondering why my PSU makes a green light on the MOBO and the other doesnt...This is why I am second guessing the MOBO....As of right now.

If the other supply is known to be working and it's the correct PSU and all cable are correctly connected, then the issue lies with the motherboard - unless the PSU's are majorly underpowering the system (unlikely).

Does the PSU that you have use to test it has the same specification from the original PSU?

fatbobthefirst

I would have to check. Didnt. I know the i used was to power a AMD chip and the so called bad one is to power a celeron. But without really looking I have no clue.
I will be checking it at Lunch.

But if its the same do we agree MOBO?

If the PSU is the same then it could be the MOBO after all is the problem. Remember using a different PSU specification could fry the MOBO. :D

The wattage of a PSU is not the only indicator. Installing a PSU depends on the component that your system has and settings if the PSU can support it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online