Mobo says that I need a type of ram but msinfo shows another

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pervaloc

Sooo I have been trying to upgrade ram for some time, and so I have a prebuilt pc (I didn't wanna wait to make one so bought pre-built), and when i check out on the internet what ram my pc needs it says it needs x type of ram but when I search on the computer which type of ram by pc has it shows a ram that has a different speed, what do I do? I don't want to take out the ram of my computer out yet if that's what I have to do, any suggestions?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
To find out what ram your computer can use we need to know what motherboard you have.

You can run this free program to find out if you don't already know :- http://download.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.89-en.exe

Tell us what it shows for Manufacturer and Model under the Mainboard tab.

Pervaloc

Well checked all this stuff before but it doesn't add up, Manufacturer: HP, Model: 82F1, Also this is the ram that my computer has, it doesn't match up what I searched and even automatic ram upgrader found me wrong ones, i don't know what's happening I just want to know what ram I can buy to upgrade my pc asap, thanks.

Attachments

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The ram you can use is shown here, click the + sign next to Memory upgrade information :- https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05355651

I can't quite make out what it says on the ram in your picture, please type the text on it into your reply then I can advise you exactly what ram you need.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Never mind I expanded the picture and can read it now.

Your present ram is Micron 8GB DDR4 PC2666 unbuffered (aka UDIMM) non-ECC ram.

You can fit another matching 8GB ram stick to have the max amount the motherboard can use. It doesn't have to be Micron ram, the maker doesn't really matter.

A search on Ebay for MTA8ATF1G64AZ-2G6H1 will find the identical ram.

Pervaloc

MTA8ATF1G64AZ-2G6H1 1733
8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-UA2-11

Product of China DPAJ2HW001

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thanks but see my previous post for which ram you need please.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online