MOBO takes forever to post

Kramitglass

New PC build
Window 10 Pro
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
32 Gig DDR4 3466 RAM Corsair
1T Samsung M.2 drive
EVGA GeForce 1060

Extremely slow cold boot. Like 5-10 minutes before it starts to load windows. XMP memory profile has to be turned off or my games will crash. RAM has also showed 1733 mhz then next boot will show 1333 mhz. RAM is on the MOBO compatibility list. Been trying to reach Gigabyte tech support for over a week now and trying to resolve this in case something needs to be RMA'd. I have the most updated MOBO Firmware.

Any help would be appreciated.

What CPU are you using? What is the exact model corsair ram do you have? Do you have all your mobo drivers install.

The big question I have is the CPU you have and does you mobo support it or compatible with. Compatible with usually means a BIOS update is required.

Kramitglass

What CPU are you using? What is the exact model corsair ram do you have? Do you have all your mobo drivers install.

The big question I have is the CPU you have and does you mobo support it or compatible with. Compatible with usually means a BIOS update is required.
R7 2700x
Corsair CMK16GX4M2Z3466C16
all drivers were installed. then again to be sure. lol
bios is updated to F51. I actually got it new with that bios already on it.

XMP memory profile
AFAIK.....AMD mobo"s don't actually have XMP, that's a Intel thing. That said....I don't know for sure what the new AMD x470/x570 mobo's have/call there version of XMP or if they even have such a thing. It's always been a manual setting in the BIOS. Again, I don't have one so I don't know for sure. My bud has a Asus X470 mobo and he says it doesn't but the BIOS makes it easy to OC the RAM. That CPU is a 2nd gen and only supports up to 2933mhz. After that, there's no guarantees.

From your mobo's manual there are 5 types of cpu's for RAM support. Are you sure you've matched the RAM to the right chip version. In same section.....there's a M.2 list.

Kramitglass

AFAIK.....AMD mobo"s don't actually have XMP, that's a Intel thing. That said....I don't know for sure what the new AMD x470/x570 mobo's have/call there version of XMP or if they even have such a thing. It's always been a manual setting in the BIOS. Again, I don't have one so I don't know for sure. My bud has a Asus X470 mobo and he says it doesn't but the BIOS makes it easy to OC the RAM. That CPU is a 2nd gen and only supports up to 2933mhz. After that, there's no guarantees.

From your mobo's manual there are 5 types of cpu's for RAM support. Are you sure you've matched the RAM to the right chip version. In same section.....there's a M.2 list.
I have not matched it to the right CPU. I am ordering the right CPU tonight, just wanted to rule out the MOBO. I will post back in a week or less once it is installed to see if it fixes my issue.

Thank you for the help and responding so promptly!
Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online