1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobo Wont mount correctly plz Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jbro92, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jbro92

Jbro92 Thread Starter

Ok so I just finished buying a Thermaltake Armour Case and a Striker Extreme mother Board With two 8800 GTX BFGs and I can't get the Mother board to mount. It just dosen't line up with the slots in the rear of the case. Has anyone else gotten this Case/Motherboard Combo to work. IF so How? Were did you mount it?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Search the archives someone else recently was having a problem with the case alignment.

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

4. Jbro92

Jbro92 Thread Starter

Were was this post?

5. Jbro92

Jbro92 Thread Starter

thanks

6. Jbro92

Jbro92 Thread Starter

That dosen't say how the problem was fixed. Also my problem is that the board isn't high enough verticaly when the board is standing up. the hieght of the Standoffs is fine. Any thoughts on what to do?

7. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

Do you have a digital camera to post a couple of PICs?

8. win2kpro

win2kpro

Are you saying with the case laying flat (as it would be if you were installing the board) that the standoffs raise the board high enough, but you can't move the board up to align with the I/O shield?

If this is correct then the manufacturer may have put the wrong board mounting plate in the case. Also, look at the board mounting plate and see if it looks like it is 180° out of position.

9. Jbro92

Jbro92 Thread Starter

Sorry I Dont. But whats wrong is my PCI slots don't match my slots in the rear of my chassis so I think I may have to drill my computer.

10. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

That doesn't make any sense. Either the case is not per ATX standard or the motherboard isn't, but the specs I found on the internet says they are.

11. Jbro92

Jbro92 Thread Starter

Yes They raise the board high enoughbut it does align with the I/O slot but the board dosen't align with the PCI slots for video cards audio cards. Aslo both the board and case are ATX
    I checked other picture of the case and board and all of the holes are in the correct places.

12. Flags

Flags

Jbro: You don't have a problem. The PCI slots set above the opening in the back of the case because the card mount is below the card.
    Take a PCI card and install it and you"ll see what I mean.

13. Jbro92

Jbro92 Thread Starter

Wow yeah, the mounting is still off but I can twist the card enough to still have acess to it. Thanks everyone

14. win2kpro

win2kpro

You can do what you want, but IMO I think you are just asking for future problems by having to twist a PCI card to make it fit. I would RMA the chassis and get one with correct alignment.

15. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The above is correct. Think about what you are doing. If you "twist" the card, you run a very real risk of popping solder traces as the board heats up and cools down. This would not be a problem with boards that do not get hot like a nic however modern video cards do get quite hot.

If the card does not fit, something is wrong. Get a case that works with your board.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/665778